- 32 hours of Online training
- 2 simulation test papers, 7 scenarios, and 1 industry case study
- 26 process templates and 1 process model
- 2 Axelos sample papers and 1 exam preparation guide
- 156 lesson end quizzes, 21 downloadable slides, and 2 projects
- Prince2® Foundation and Practitioner exam fee included
What skills will you learn?
When you have finished this course, you will know how to:
- Apply the seven principles, processes, and themes in the PRINCE2 guidelines
- Learn how to tailor your approach for different projects, ensuring flexibility and success in today’s dynamic work environment
- Develop a product-based planning approach for projects that helps divide them into manageable, controllable stages
- Control the use of resources and effectively manage project risk
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of each member of the team tasked with managing a project
- Apply skills that complete and complement the knowledge-based approach of the PRINCE2 certification
Who should take this course?
A globally recognized certification, PRINCE2 is ideal for senior project managers or those aspiring to be senior project managers. This certification is particularly applicable for project managers in India, Australia, and Europe, or for professionals working on projects in those markets. The course is best suited for:
Associate Project Managers / Assistant Project Managers
Team Leads / Team Managers
Project Executives / Project Engineers
Any professional aspiring to be a Project Manager
PRINCE2 Examination Format
PRINCE2 Foundation Exam
This level aims to measure whether a candidate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2. To this end they need to show they understand the principles and terminology of the method, specifically, candidates must be able to:
- Describe the purpose and major content of all roles, the seven principles, the seven themes and the seven processes.
- State which management products are input to, and output from the seven processes.
- State the main purpose, and key contents, of the major management products.
- State the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project.
- 60 minute exam duration
- 60 questions
- Closed book
- 33/60 required to pass = 55% pass mark
PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam
This level is aiming to measure whether a candidate could apply PRINCE2 to the running and managing of a non-complex project within an environment supporting PRINCE2. To this end they need to show that they can apply and tailor PRINCE2 to address the needs and problems of a given project scenario.
- Produce detailed explanations of all principles, themes and processes and worked examples of all PRINCE2 products as they might be applied to address the particular circumstances of a given project scenario
- Show they understand the relationships between principles, themes and processes and PRINCE2 products and can apply this understanding
- Demonstrate that they understand the reasons behind the principles, themes and processes of PRINCE2, and that they understand the principles underpinning these elements
- Demonstrate their ability to tune PRINCE2 to different project circumstances.
- 150 minute exam duration
- 68 questions
- 38/68 required to pass = 55% pass mark
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is PRINCE2?
PRINCE2 is flexible, adaptable and as much as a project method can be, friendly.
PRINCE2® is a method for managing projects. It helps you work out who should be involved and what they will be responsible for. It gives you a set of processes to work through and explains what information you should be gathering along the way.
PRINCE2 may be similar to what you currently use, but what it does best is pull together common names and descriptions into a structure that anyone familiar with PRINCE2 can understand, regardless of background or industry.
How big does a project have to be before PRINCE2 can be used?
PRINCE2 can be applied to all sorts of projects, from the very small to the very large. Even projects lasting only a few days will benefit from selective application of PRINCE2 guidelines. The key to success with PRINCE2 is to remember it is highly configurable, and so can be adapted for all project types regardless of industry and marketplace.
Is PRINCE2 aimed at any particular type of project?
PRINCE2 is designed to be applied generally to all types of project, be they construction, engineering, IT, business, financial or whatever. In the past, it has been aimed at IT projects, and so it is still well used in this area however there has been significant growth recently in other industries.
Is PRINCE2 suitable for non-IT projects?
Yes! Unlike the first version of PRINCE, PRINCE2 is designed to be generic and can be used for projects of any nature.
Does PRINCE2 guarantee a successful outcome to projects?
No! but applied sensibly it will increase the chances of your projects being successful.
Who owns PRINCE2?
PRINCE2 belongs to AXELOS Ltd.The marketing of the manuals is carried out by The Stationery Office formerly known as HMSO).
Which countries recognise PRINCE2?
With over a million exams already taken globally PRINCE2 is already recognised as the world’s most popular project management methodology.
What will a PRINCE2 qualification do for me?
The PRINCE2 project management methodology is the de-facto standard for project management in the UK and is practiced worldwide. It covers the management, control and organisation of a project.
A qualification in PRINCE2 will not only boost your skills and confidence when managing projects but will greatly improve your employment prospects. Many organisations, both private and public, mandate the use of PRINCE2 and therefore require their staff to be competent and qualified to practice the method.
Why do I need a PRINCE2 qualification?
The PRINCE2 project management methodology is the de-facto standard for project management in the UK and is practiced worldwide. It covers the management, control and organisation of a project. A qualification in PRINCE2 will not only boost your skills and confidence when managing projects but will greatly improve your employment prospects. The majority of people that consider PRINCE2 as a qualification do so for career and personal development reasons. Often this is driven by a change of job or career, where you notice that to get to the top of the CV pile, you need to have an extra qualification like PRINCE2 (even if you have been managing Projects successfully for many years without it). In many advertised positions PRINCE2 has become a prerequisite.
The majority of companies that implement PRINCE2 also encourage their employees to receive training and take exams. This often proves instrumental in facilitating the successful adoption and implementation of the PRINCE2 method into an organisation. By training employees to the required qualification level you ensure a consistent approach, common language and a clear understanding of the defined processes, controls, roles and responsibilities required to help facilitate successful projects.
How do I get recognised in PRINCE2?
It depends on if you are an individual or company. To get recognised in PRINCE2 as an individual you need to achieve certification at either Foundation or Practitioner level. As a very rough guideline if you are involved in Projects in a supporting role (you may be in a marketing, administration or technical job), Foundation level may be suffice. If generally you are leading projects then Practitioner is the level you should aim at.
For companies wishing to adopt PRINCE2, the route tends to be slightly different. The biggest decision is decide if PRINCE2 is right for you, and that requires an investment of time, collecting and reviewing information from the marketplace.
You could just take the view that with over one million people having taken the PRINCE2 exams so far, it must be pretty proven and successful, otherwise it would not have the worldwide take-up it does.
Once you have decided to implement PRINCE2, then you need to plan an adoption strategy. The most common approach is to train an initial group of people, then run a PRINCE2 project to decide if PRINCE2 is right for you, or run a pilot PRINCE2 project. Remember that PRINCE2 is configurable, so from the initial Project you can start to look at what parts of PRINCE2 you may or may not use.
What are the PRINCE2 qualifications and what will they teach me?
The PRINCE2 Foundation qualification will teach you the PRINCE2 principles, terminology and when qualified you will be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 methodology within a project environment supporting PRINCE2.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification will teach you to apply PRINCE2 to the running and managing of a project within an environment supporting PRINCE2. Once qualified you will be able to apply and tune PRINCE2 to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario. You will have a comprehensive knowledge of the relationships between the PRINCE2 principles, themes and processes and PRINCE2 products and will understand these elements.
The PRINCE2 Re-Registration qualification is designed for those who have passed PRINCE2 to Practitioner level and wish to maintain their Registered Practitioner status. The PRINCE2® Examination Board has determined that all PRINCE2 Practitioners should be re-registered within 3-5 calendar years of their original certification (failure to pass the Re-Registration examination after five calendar years as a Registered Practitioner will result in withdrawal of your registered status).